Finance and Admin Intern (with possible extension of contract)
Location: Shirley, Solihull (UK, B90 4AE)
This is an ideal job for someone looking to challenge themselves and gain experience in general administration and finances. The job offers great opportunities for growth and development by working closely with a small team of people. You will play a vital role in running the office in an efficient manner.
- Liaising and being the main point of contact with the accountant, providing all necessary documentation and required data.
- Issue invoices, follow up with claims weekly.
- Keep track of the sign-in sheets for employees and absences.
- Manage payroll and be responsible for the monthly and year-end returns to HMRC.
- Make sure Quickbooks is updated weekly and corresponds with bank accounts. Be able to solve and explain any discrepancies.
- Liaise with the accountant and ensure they issue the annual report and self-assessment reports on time.
- General admin and logistics: following up with travel arrangements, insurance etc
- Updating our shared drive with documents in an organised and coherent manner.
- Experience working on accounts/ finances in an organisation
- Highly organised and able to manage time well
- Excellent communication skills (English language fluency is key)
- Basic book keeping skills
- Proficient with the use of programmes such as Quickbooks
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office programmes
- Deal with confidential material in an appropriate manner
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian setting.
- Desired but not essential: an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Finance/Accounting.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- An interest in working in a humanitarian organisation.
- Must be able to multi task, meet strict deadlines and be self-motivated.
- Someone who takes initiative
- Organised, reliable, strong eye for detail and accuracy with numbers.