Position: Part Time
Location: Shirley, Solihull (UK, B90 4AE)
About Osman Consulting Ltd:
Driven by humanitarian principles and ethics, Osman Consulting Ltd is an independent enterprise founded in the UK in 2008, providing technical expertise and consultancy to humanitarian community stakeholders, with the aim to improve effectiveness and efficiency of humanitarian action.
We work through our network of skilled and multi-disciplinary professionals who are now part of the Osman Consulting team. We also have access to a reliable number of consultants that work for us on a project basis.
We access contracts via submitting proposals for biding in a very competitive environment. Our clients are donor agencies such as USAID, DFID, GIZ and UN agencies, and international non-governmental organisations working in the field of relief and development.
OC is looking for someone with substantial research and writing skills, with some experience in writing reports, proposals and preparing bids.
The main purpose of this job is to ensure that all the documents produced by the company are in high quality. This will include the writing of bids, proposals, reports, and media content.
Job description, main duties and responsibilities:
- The proposal writer will support OC efforts by writing, editing and producing competitive and high-quality proposals and concept papers for partners and major international donors.
- Project managing the development and writing of high quality concept notes, proposals and budgets.
- Signing off proposals to ensure their quality and compliance with donor requirements.
- To be responsible for the development and management of the OC website and its content, including blogs, latest news, etc. Ensuring the website is user friendly, functional and updated to fit in a humanitarian landscape.
- To develop a social media strategy and produce regular updates on all OC social media platforms on our activities as well as major humanitarian events.
- Help with producing quarterly newsletters containing OC’s most recent projects.
- Occasionally travel to project sites to support and have first-hand experience of our projects.
- Experience working with a humanitarian organisation.
- Experience writing proposals and reports with graphs, maps and well researched information.
- Excellent English skills (native speaker with outstanding written and spoken English, impeccable spelling and grammar)
- Willing/ able to travel overseas
- The applicant must have a strong eye for detail as well as outstanding copy writing skills.
- Humanitarian/development background and understanding with good use of technical terminology.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Competent user of all Microsoft packages.
- Ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines, particularly when dealing with people in different time zones.
- Familiar with editing software such as InDesign
- Experience dealing with the proposal requirements and formats of different donors and clients.
- Experience in developing countries, particularly in the MENA region is considered an asset.
- Experience working with a humanitarian international organisation is considered an asset.
- Preferred but not essential, having expertise in one of the following areas: water and sanitation, education, third party monitoring, etc.
- Previous examples of producing logical, coherent and consistent reports for similar projects.
If you would like to apply for this position, email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line as “Application for Content Writer”.